At 12:25 PM 4/22/06 +0200, Bettina Crimmins wrote:
>I have the same problem when printing with a Xerox DocuPrint N2825
>printer.  My workaround is to use the petrucci tremolo symbols.  I'm
>using WinFin 2006 and PDFs also look fine.

I have the lost-character problem occasionally as well. The last occurrence
was also a Xerox, but at a copy shop, where two out of four of my
quarter-tone symbols were printed as little triangles. They displayed
correctly at the shop and printed fine on letter-size paper, but did not
print on tabloid (11x17) paper (for creating a saddle-stitched score). They
display and print fine on all four printers here in the house (Xerox, Canon
and Epson letter size and HP tabloid size in booklet-creation mode).

In the above scenario, it seems to be related to the printer driver, but
does anybody know? Is this an issue of PDF creator, PDF viewer, printer
driver, system resources, font characters? I always thought of PDF as a
format I could count on.

Dennis