Le 06-05-05 à 04:25, Johannes Gebauer a écrit :

That's debatable. None of the editions I see in front of me use tapered dashed slurs. Those which use dashed slurs use the same kind that Finale produces. Doblinger, Schott to name just two.

That's one of the problem I don't like with technology. Because the software doesn't do something, then a bad standard is establised because of that limitation. I believe Doblinger is using Finale. I am almost sure to have seen these slurs in Schott somewhere, but I know they use Score a lot and Score's slurs are tapered. In Kurt Stone's Music Notation in the Twentieth Century the example of dotted slurs are tapered. Anyway, to me it's a no brainer. Would anyone like normal tie and slurs to be only a normal curved line? It's exactly the same with dotted slurs and ties.

Eric Dussault
Finale 2006c for Mac
Real-time Finale discussion - http://www.finaleirc.com