On 5/4/06 7:27 PM, "Christopher Smith" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> On May 4, 2006, at 6:23 PM, Owain Sutton wrote:
>>
>> Remember that 'document' does not necessarily mean 'composition'.  Some
>> of these tweaks are related to wanting to put together numerous
>> 'examples' as part of a worksheet or handout, without having to export
>> the graphics and import them into another application (a sure
>> indication
>> that Finale's limits have been reached!)
>>
>> Seriously, though....I've dealt with music where one section was
>> new-complexity-style notation, with lots of beams, in which long stems
>> for crotchets is essential for them to be seen, contrasted with
>> aleatoric sections where normal stem lengths would have been suitable.
>>

> Yes, I've come across things like this too, like wanting beams across
> rests with half-stemlets only for a certain section of a piece, only to
> be stymied.
>
> At least longer stems CAN be done for a section, albeit manually.
> Thicker is, of course, a kludge.
>
> It might be nice to have more options available as staff styles.
>
> Christopher

You saying that about staff styles reminded me of how many times I've wished
that the "select partial measures" option would let you actually apply
something to just that part of the measure. There are so many things, (staff
styles, measure attributes, plugins), that only work on a full measure,
where it would be nice if you could easily implement it over a beat or two.
Eh, more dreaming.

-Scot

--
Scot Hanna-Weir