Dennis Bathory-Kitsz wrote:
I used an IBM InfoPrint 5000 and an Apple 630, which are two of several PS
drivers I have installed for client jobs. No change. The Postscript driver
doesn't seem to affect the EPS export or PS compile anyway; even with no PS
driver selected in the printer dialog, the EPS export and PS compile
function. Finale seems to have its own Postscript compiler for these.

Yes, I believe Finale only needs the PS printer driver to properly embed fonts.

executing function
'flup' on them.  I'm not sure what that function is

These seem to be abbreviated descriptions of the glyph's function. I think
this is "flag up".

Right... and there is a corresponding 'fldn'. Do you have any examples of eight note flags? Do they work correctly?

1) Edit the RevereFinale postscript listing and change the 4604.2788 to
4602.9976.  The file is plain-text, so you can just use Notepad or
Wordpad to do this.
2) Run this edited file through Distiller and/or Ghostscript and see how
it affects the x-positioning.

By adding 58 to the horizontal value, the flags place correctly. (I can
also adjust the y position.)

Very strange.

So just to see if I could goose this thing, I went back to the original
font, adjusted a few positions slightly (which I was going to do anyway),
including the vertical position of this flag. I then reinstalled the font,
and used the new font in all the same combinations. All the results were
the same. Only this glyph malfunctions.

What program did you use to create/edit the font? Is it a truetype or postscript? I have FontLab 5 installed here, if you like I could have a look at the actual font and see if I can see anything that might explain things.

Best,
Scott