Dennis Bathory-Kitsz wrote:
But something else is up. Just one character, an upward 16th flag, is
misplaced. It's the only character that has a problem (no other flags in
either direction, or other characters), and every character of the font
fully validates in the font creation program (this is the modified Revere
I've been working with). It has a FAN file, not that it should matter.

It displays correctly. It prints correctly to the non-postscript Xerox,
Canon, HP and Epson printers. It prints correctly to Postscript. But it
doesn't compile or export correctly.

Hi Dennis,

Have you tried sending the compiled postscript listing directly to your
ps printer?  If memory serves, and you have your printer connected to
lpt1, you can do this by issuing a:

copy [filename] lpt1

at a DOS prompt on Windows.  Or, I believe GSView has a Print File
option.  If it prints correctly, then we can at least isolate the
problem to Distiller or Ghostscript instead of the postscript listing
itself.  Does Acrobat 3 or 5 install an Adobe PDF printer driver?  Or
are you printing to a file first then running it through distiller?  If
the latter, what printer driver are you using to print to file?  What
version of Ghostscript are you running?  This strikes me as a bug in
Distiller or Ghostscript.

Best,
Scott