I believe the Intel Macs allow USB drive booting.

Cheers,

- Darcy
-----
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://secretsociety.typepad.com
Brooklyn, NY

On 13 Jun 2006, at 1:40 PM, Phil Daley wrote:

At 6/13/2006 01:09 PM, Eric Fiedler wrote:

>As far as I know, you can't boot from a USB drive; it's too slow. I
>think you can from a firewire drive ... which you probably don't have
>on your G3 unless you've added a special card to attach it to, and
>even then it might not work, not being a part or the original package.

I have read several articles about booting from a USB drive.

I don't remember them mentioning that you couldn't do it on an Apple.

Phil Daley          < AutoDesk >
http://www.conknet.com/~p_daley