Every time I've played the Schumann or Schubert symphonies, the parts were
1st-Alto Clef, 2nd-Tenor Clef, and 3rd-Bass Clef. The copies I have at home of
these parts are all like that. The score might lump the first 2 parts in 1 clef
for space-saving or to suggest some kind of group-treatment, but that's just
my speculation.

-Steve S
NYC