[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://secretsociety.typepad.com
Brooklyn, NY

On 23 Jun 2006, at 11:17 AM, Lee Actor wrote:

Define pizz. and arco expressions with playback parameters that execute a program change to the appropriate patch. For my MIDI setup I have one of each expression defined for each string section; if you're using the GM
string patch you would only need two expressions total.

Lee Actor
Composer-in-Residence and Assistant Conductor, Palo Alto Philharmonic
http://www.leeactor.com

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf
Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, June 23, 2006 8:03 AM
To: finale@shsu.edu
Subject: [Finale] Pizzicato (Finale 2002)

I wonder how others deal with pizzicato. I would have thought it would be a staff style, but cannot find suitable options to change the instrument. The only other method I can think of is to set up a separate stave for
pizzicato and optimise systems.  However, this is not a very good
method if
there are rapid changes between arco and pizzicato, and it would not be
acceptable to have two staves within a single system.  Does
anyone have any
other methods or do I have to use my imagination?

Regards,
Michael Lawlor