> I'm not sure how useful I would find the feature.

David, I think you might be surprised how useful linked parts may turn out to
be even with limitations. The staff style for hiding cues mentioned by others
on this thread is a relatively simple solution for cues, since it need only be
applied to the score view.

That said, for me there are other thornier issues than cues that I doubt very
much can be supported. The Fin07 website brags about separate parts that show
on a single staff in the score, but I will be amazed if it supports
free-wheeling migration between staves, as in the horn parts of a Mahler
Symphony. Or complicated string divisi that are broken out onto separate staves
in the parts but on fewer staves in the score.

Other issues include beam angles and beams over barlines. Both of these are
often different in score and parts due to differences in spacing and system
breaks. From the information on the website, it seems unlikely the part view
will support these differences.

Nevertheless, I expect the linked parts feature to be a huge benefit, because
at worst I plan to make 1 copy of the file for all the parts. Right now, I have
a different file for every part. With linked parts I expect to be able to have
a file for the score and one file for all the parts. This is a huge improvement.