Hello to all,

I have prepared a music book for printing and decided to do it off-site. I prepared all the music pages in Finale and converted them to pdf. Other pages such as the cover and table of contents, etc. were prepared using other programs, such as Photoshop, and also converted to pdf. Using Adobe Acrobat (v 4) I imported all the pages and assembled them into a pdf booklet.

When I took them to Kinkos, they were unable to open the pdf document on their windows based system (I think they use Dell?). However, they were able to open up the book on a Mac they have on site. The Mac, however, is not networked so they cannot print from it. They can only print from the windows based system.

The clerk there said he thinks that you have to specify a platform when you save the pdf document. This does not sound right to me. I thought Adove designed the pdf to be available on any platform for reading and printing regardless of the platform you create it on. Am I wrong or am I missing something basic here. Has anyone else encountered this problem? What am I doing wrong?

I am using a mac iBook with Finale 2k5, Photoshop, Appleworks and Adobe Acrobat 4.0.

Nick Raspa
NJR Music Enterprises
http://members.aol.com/njrmuse