Christopher Smith wrote:

On Jul 7, 2006, at 5:22 AM, Johannes Gebauer wrote:

On 06.07.2006 Richard Smith wrote:
My Canon (inexpensive) office/photo printer (i860) has pigment black ink for text (and music) work and dye photo black and color for photos and other color work. Archival studies have shown pigment inks to be very stable. They will last as long as a laser. If your using a pigment ink, you should be more concerned about the life of the paper than the ink. Most of the Epson printers also use pigment ink.

This is not the problem with ink. The problem is smudging when the ink is touched with sweaty fingers.

And in the case of brass players, dripped on by leaky water keys...

Christopher

The Epson printers are pretty much waterproof and my Canon is much better than older inkjets. I think this is becoming less of a problem; because of their use in photography, big things are happening with inkjets. Has anyone ever seen a laser print flake off, stick to another surface, or transfer to other paper? Lasers have problems too.

In any case, this is a good argument (among others) for selling a master set of parts and a license for the original purchaser to copy.

I would like to find a printer (laser or inkjet) that will let me print 11x14 booklets for scores.

Richard Smith
www.rgsmithmusic.com

begin:vcard
fn:Richard Smith