On 7/14/06, Johannes Gebauer < [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
"Well, until he has been convicted the charge is unproven."

Well yes, that's stating the obvious, isn't it?
I never said he was guilty or innocent, I merely posted the fact he was charged.

"Whatever the case, and I am no great fan of Robert King, I really don't
see why this kind of garden fence topic should have any room on this list."

Overreacting a bit?
Besides,.*I am* a "fan" of Robert King. I'd assumed there are other "fans" of his on the list (after all, the list is bigger than your personal tastes Johannes). And in earlier posts, I've covered the reasons why I posted the King story. ( i.e. his connection to the Sawkins case againt Hyperion Records, major force in the early performance groups, his many recordings, his  movie scores, all make it newsworthy on a mailing list that has many connections to classical music).

I could understand had I posted about a random news story about someone absolutely not connected to music in any form or fashion. But that's simply NOT the case. And as I mentioned earlier, feel free to delete the post if you found it that irksome or bothersome.

Kim Patrick Clow
"There's really only two types of music: good and bad." ~ Rossini