On 09 Aug 2006, at 6:09 PM, Johannes Gebauer wrote:

On 09.08.2006 A-NO-NE Music wrote:
No.  I am not talking about that.  I was talking about the controller
where encode/decode Apple Color Sync, which is a chip on the
motherboard, not on the graphic card.  Windows have to encode/decode
color info within OS, Mac doesn't, thus you get the constant color
matching regardless of graphic card.

What? A Color Sync Chip? Hiro, I am almost certain that this is complete nonsense. I have never heard of this, nor do I have "constant color matching" on my Mac, I wished I did...

The OS handles color syncing on the Mac, too, though it is more sophisticated than the built-in Windows color matching. This has nothing to do with the motherboard, though.

I've never heard of this supposed chip either, but even if this is the case, it wouldn't have anything to do with 2D performance.

Cheers,

- Darcy
-----
[EMAIL PROTECTED]