--- Darcy James Argue <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> The only meaningful comparison would be to try the
> same graphics card
> in each of your computers, using the same
> application, the same
> slider settings and the same resolution. Do some
> scroll and/or redraw
> tests with a stopwatch.

No Darcy. If computer A outperforms computer B when
all of the special graphic card features are turned
off, but computer B outperforms computer A when they
are all turned on, it strongly indicates that the
video cards in the two systems are giving very
different performances.

I'm not going to even bother responding to your other
points, because this is all that should be needed (and
all I intend to force you to focus on). If you can't
understand why this makes it extremely plausible that
video card performance still makes a difference with
2D applications...

Switching the graphic cards in these systems is not an
option.

Calling the test invalid is a lame response, and you
know it. You explain WHY this test doesn't isolate the
video card performance.

Tyler