> On Sun, 2006-08-13 at 17:41 -0400, James Gilbert wrote:
> Why should a notation software program require sooo much RAM in the first
> place?

True, if all we expected of FINALE was purely notation; no conversions, no
links from parts to the score, etc.  then it could run in less memory.  Every
time some fuctionality is added, additional run-time memory is required for the
additional lines of code in the application.

I believe that Finale NotePad runs with much lower RAM requirements, if memory
is a greater issue than enhancements.

If your complaint is that they do not make it clear before you purchase, then I
agree, but then 90% of business software on the market today falls short in the
disclosure of performance requirements.  But that's just my humble opinion..

Richard