At 8/14/2006 11:45 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>If your complaint is that they do not make it clear before you purchase,
>then I agree, but then 90% of business software on the market today falls
>short in the disclosure of performance requirements.  But that's just my
>humble opinion..

Probably one of the few places Microsoft is far better than others.

Vista requires 512MB RAM.

I installed it on a system with only 384MB. No problems with the install and no problems running it, even with a memory hog like AutoCAD.

It does run slowly, I assume because of all the Virtual Memory swapping stuff.

Phil Daley          < AutoDesk >
http://www.conknet.com/~p_daley