> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
> > Contact the techsupport people at makemusic's
> web-site, but be
> > forewarned that they designed it so as to
> discourage any but the most
> > irate and determined customers from actually
> completing the process.
> > Unless they have revamped it recently, that is.

Actually they've designed it so that they don't get
completely ridiculous amounts of spam. It was getting
worse by the day when I left support 3 years ago. I'd
easily spend 30 minutes or more in the morning just
going through and deleting spam e-mails, e-mails with
virus attachments, etc. As I understand it, the
problem had become exponentially worse. The new system
is nice in that it actually assigns case numbers and
gets people to include useful information which
results in more productive support. It also ensures
that the people who are paying for products are
getting first priority - something that was never
possible to achieve with the old e-mail system. You
spend a little extra time filling out your support
request, but you get your answers faster in return.

Tyler