At 01:19 PM 8/20/2006, Chuck Israels wrote:
>I'm playing with page layout controls and default text block
>positioning now.  It looks to me as if the "Title" insert position
>needs to be changed on each individual part, if it is going to be
>different than it is in the score.  (Anybody knows any different,
>please correct me.)

Okay. <g> Let's assume that the text blocked is still linked in all parts. What you do is view the *score*, and move the block to where you want it to appear in the *parts*. For example, let's say you want the title 1" from the top in the score and 2" in the parts -- view the score and position the block 2" from the top. Then, still in the score, hold down the Ctrl key and drag the block to its 1" position.

What you've just done is put *all* the text blocks at 2", and then moved *just the score* block to 1".

Tyler has mentioned this technique a couple of times. Working in the score, you position an item where you want it to be in the parts, then unlink the item and reposition for the score. It's totally weird thinking until you get used to it and understand the thinking behind the paradigm. (I think I've now used that word in three consecutive emails. <g>)

Aaron.