This is interesting. I have never considered putting choir anyplace except at the bottom, like an orchestra without strings. I'm interested to hear your reasons for other positions.

Out of curiosity, I opened a new score in Sibelius using a concert band template and then added a choir. Sibelius placed them at the bottom.

I know this is a the Finale list but this machine is waiting on a reformat and Finale is temporarily uninstalled.

Richard Smith
www.rgsmithmusic.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

dhbailey wrote:
Christopher Smith wrote:
Either top or bottom seems to be common - strict classical procedure calls for the choir to be placed above the strings in the orchestra, which would most probably translate as at the bottom of a concert band score. But there seem to be variants in score order these days, especially in concert band music, which seems to be written overwhelmingly for the educational market.

Speaking with my conductor's hat on now, I prefer to see the chorus in the middle of the score, between the saxes and trumpets.

begin:vcard
fn:Richard Smith
n:Smith;Richard
org:R.G. Smith Music Engraving & Publishing
email;internet:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
url:http://www.rgsmithmusic.com
version:2.1
end:vcard