Funny, I just did this with my Default file. Here is what I did.

I loaded Finale on two computers, On one I had my old default file loaded, and the other the new default (2007's installed file) loaded. I then went through and changed the articulations, slurs, and some other things I saw that looked better. I didn't have to touch the chords. It was that much.

A-NO-NE Music wrote:
I'd like to ask what you do with the default file when version switches.

I have so many custom lib, articulation, chords (I hate how Finale
spells chord - Very difficult to site-read), page format, just about
everything.  Since my daily use of Finale is for my own composition,
this really matters to me.  I also want to have my students consistent
with my format.

I have been using the same default file I created years ago but last
year I learned from this list that it is a bad idea, which makes sense
since Fin file format changes drastically over version upgrade.  Moving
to 2007, I am trying to modify Maestro default file but it hasn't been easy.

There must be a better way:
For both articulation and chord, I must create a bogus object so I can
click to open the dialog.  From there, I must delete all the entries
then load the lib files.  For chords, on top of this, inconsistently
MIDI learned chords get messed up and I won't see it until I hit the
chord and saw wrong chord symbol was attached.

To do page format on > p2, I have to create 2nd page on the Maestro file
then delete it after I finish formatting.  Is there any other way?

And I wish if File Info data sticks in the default file so new file
inherit them.