Don Hart wrote:

    - Is there an advantage in sending either a pdf or a hard copy?

For me, PDF saves on shipping costs and is very efficient for me; less so for the client, who has to print, fasten, and collate all those parts. I can also email edited parts very quickly (sometimes a matter of minutes between the phone call and the new part showing up in the client's email inbox.)

But the choice of paper is important, and people other than me always seem to choose the cheapest, thinnest paper to print on and then Scotch tape it together, or not fasten it at all, making performances nerve-wracking occasions. When I print parts, I print them 2-up on thick cream paper and use acid-free paper tape to connect pages when necessary, so that means that I control the quality more when the parts are printed by me.

Christopher