I'm sorry if it seemed so, but I did not intend to "bemoan" Finale's "lack of consistency". I simply pointed out, without agreeing, that Lilypond claims a more human engraved look based on slight irregularities that are programed into the software. I don't use Lilypond. I just happened to know of their emphasis and thought it pertinent to the discussion.

My Sibelius comment was simply that I like the printed look I achieve with Sibelius more than Finale's. Much of the Finale work that I see as a performer is not very skillfully done. Clearly careful workers can achieve much better results. Either app, in the hands of a good engraver, can produce superior results.

Richard Smith
www.rgsmithmusic.com
[EMAIL PROTECTED]