On Sep 26, 2006, at 3:44 AM, dc wrote:

By the way, there are some interesting things on the Lilypond site, but the Finale sample given there is absolutely ridiculous!

http://lilypond.org/web/about/automated-engraving/software.html

I know, I looked at those. It's a classic "straw man" argument; use the weakest opposing point of view possible so that is is easy to knock down.

To judge from the Henle video, I would have thought the flats in punch-engraving look a little thicker at the top and bottom because he rocks the punch a bit and gives two taps, rather than one flat tap. I'm not sure this is necessarily a good thing, though.

Man, I am going to be Finale's number-one cheerleader at this rate!

Christopher