On Sep 29, 2006, at 6:45 PM, Will Denayer wrote:

Hello All,

I am completely new to Finale. I bought Finale 2007 just a couple of days ago.
I would like to ask two questions:
1) when I create a new document using the document setup wizard, Finale brings me to a new document with the mixers on the left side for playback. I have to select page view to see the (empty) page. Can I change this so that it brings me immediately to page or scroll view?

This can be done in Preferences/Program Options/View.

Finale 2007 does crash from time to time (in my experience).  It is somewhat less stable than the last version.  In the program preferences, you can set up an automatic backup of the file on which you are working, and it will make a copy and save that periodically.  Mine is set to 5 minute intervals.  (Maybe BAK means Backup?)

Chuck

2) for the moment, I am only making little exercises. If I click Save, a window appears asking me where I want the new document to be located. I choose desktop. This went right two times. The third time, the program crashed. I had to reboot. My third exercise is now saved as (name).BAK. I do not know what BAK stands for, but this really bothers me. What should I do?

Thank you for reading and with best regards,

Dr. Will Denayer - composer, Ireland

Chuck Israels
230 North Garden Terrace
Bellingham, WA 98225-5836