Um, Windows. Go figure.......

Try renaming the file from .BAK to .MUS. That will work. If the BAK file is in the same directory as the original .MUS file, rename one of them like Mygreatscore_bak.mus or Mygreatscore_oldmus.mus

Will Denayer wrote:
Thank you everyone, Now it makes sense again. However, I do not seem to be able to open a BAK.file (I can't find it inside Finale and when I click on the icon, Windows says that it cannot open the document but that it can look up the program on the net. When I click OK, nothing happens).
It's just that I do not want to lose work later on.
Of course, I am going to study the manual and the tutorials. One of the reasons for choosing Finale is that I was able to use Notepad first. I found this easy to work with. But now, I think Finale is really difficult - in general, my computer skills are very poor. I'm proud of myself that I managed to subscribe to this forum without help ... Best, Will