I believe, at least on FreeBSD systems, it's in /etc/periodic/security. There are scripts that are run, I think, weekly on a system to check out user id (uid) and other file permissions. Perhaps it's run monthly.

I think the periodic stuff that is run daily is, as you said, to check out caches and what not.