Friends:

David Bailey wrote, and I snipped

Perhaps in Finale2008, text block handling will be improved.

and rearranged

When I drag-enclose the handles for multiple text blocks, none of the layout possibilities are active. This is a serious oversight on Finale's part, in my opinion. I can understand some of the options not being available, but if for instance a user wishes to move them all to a different page (as Dennis is wishing to do) that should be an active option with multiple text blocks selected, as should left-right-center alignment options. Same for text size, style, etc.
In addition to the capabilities for text block handling that David suggests, I have a couple other ideas I'd like to see implemented:

1) the ability to open the text block attributes dialog from the text block editing dialog;

2) the ability to open a specific text block item dialog for editing, from the text block attributes dialog box;

3) the ability to edit a specific text block item without selecting it in the score;

4) for a text block which has location values outside the range of the page, an alias handle just outside the edge of the page, by which the block can be selected;

5) the ability to attach a smart shape to a text block (or graphic).
Examples of utility of the some of the above:

Item 1 above would be useful if one were editing a movement title, and wanted to make certain that the line was offset from the page edge, instead of from the margin. The ability to open the text block attributes would avoid the need to back out to the document, and select the attributes from the drop down menu, or by right-clicking (in windows) the handle of the text block to open the menu. This would also allow one to access the attributes of a block which has been shifted to a point that is unreachable for editing, as when one intends to set a block .250 (one fourth) of an inch from the right margin, and inadvertantly omits the decimal point, so that the block is defined to be 250 inches from the right margin.

Item 2 is useful when one has adjusted the attributes (say from center alignment verically, to alignment from the bottom), and wants to make sure it is not advisable to add a

Item 5 would permit the definition of a smart line to use as a rule on a title page.
ns