>> Short of being Warren Buffet or Bill Gates or Paul Allen and being
able to hire your own development team to give you what you want, you're
stuck with what's available.  :-) >>

That's exactly what my point is: we're stuck with whatever the
manufacturers offer us. And they don't fasten the pace of development
because they don't have to. Microsoft was first to offer the Office suite
and that's why WordPerfect and their suite don't have market share. They
lagged behind Microsoft for years as far as integration. But Microsoft
MUST fasten the pace of their OS development because LINUX is charging
ahead. The latest SUSE (10.1) shows big progress. You may counter that
it's difficult to configure, etc. I didn't like Linux for a long time,
but now I am changing my opinion. It took a while, nevertheless I am.

All I wanted is to make a point about the state of certain music software
and not create a whole whirl about it, my point being that it's time for
making the software more comprehensive. Time will prove or disprove my
point. I am, rightly or wrongly, pleading for a development platform,
just as many other platforms which once were disparate, discreet,
packages.
This is why I agree with Jim Williams who wrote about it a while back in
the same manner.

John.