I don't believe saxophone is included in an orchestra.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orchestra

I don't believe that the London Symphony Orchestra has saxophones in it.

Ken Moore wrote:
dhbailey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  wrote:

Garritan also made money by not including some very important instruments in their GPO product, most notably saxophones and electric guitars and basses, very reasonably claiming that those instruments aren't part of the standard orchestra. So they then forced people who wanted THOSE sounds to buy an extra product as well. Very smart marketing. And all those people who purchased the standalone Jazz and Big Band product who still wanted full orchestra sounds needed to buy both products. Even more money for Garritan.

Except for the sales lost to people like me who decided that the omission of the saxophone from the orchestra was such an egregious rip-off that Garritan was a company with whom I would not do business.* Look at all the 20th C. percussion they offer, and consider that the saxophone has been a regular member of the orchestra since before 1865 (Meyerbeer); and is used in important works by, inter alia, Bizet, Debussy and Rachmaninov.

* I write only for human players, mostly my amateur musician friends, so realistic play-back is not a strong requirement.