Robert Patterson wrote:

What I've noticed is that many articulations no longer appear in the same place as before. This has nothing to do with font annotation files, unless MM changed the ones for their fonts. I've upgraded some of my files as far as 2006d but cannot bring them into 2007 because of this problem. Of course I reported it to MM many months ago. I suggest anyone else do the same now.

I had problems converting my Finale 2006 files to 2007. Like you, I had slurs, ties and articulations all displaced by a large amount.

I found out that Finale 2007 uses the font annotation files for more things than previous versions. (Confirmed by MM.) The problem was that my font annotation file for Fughetta (I use it for noteheads) was either corrupt or not done very well at all to begin with. I originally got the annotation file from Jari Williamsson's web site. I made a new annotation file for Fughetta and the problems of displaced articulations, slurs and ties went away.

I did email Jari my new Fughetta font annotation file, but he hasn't posted it.

This may not be the only thing causing your problems, but I would definitely check out your own annotation files to see if they fit the characters snuggly.

-Randolph Peters