On 11 Oct 2006 at 18:12, John T Sylvanis wrote:

> On Wed, 11 Oct 2006 15:57:19 -0400 "David W. Fenton"
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> > On 11 Oct 2006 at 10:40, John T Sylvanis wrote:
> >
> > > Mozart was so famous that he could afford to
> > > compose only if paid in advance. That Constanze Weber then
> > promptly
> > > spent the money is another story :)
> >
> > Neither of these assertions has any truth in them at all.
>

> Well, it's very fashionable to believe that Mozart was a poor man
> and Constanze was a tame wife. Neither of it is true if one reads
> the numerous biographies.

Huh? What are you talking about?

Mozart was not poor, but he had cash flow problems (i.e., lots of
revenue, but spent beyond his means).

There is no evidence for the old saw that his wife was not the reason
he had cash flow problems.

It's no *fashion* -- it's facts.

> David, pardon me, but in stead of reading what I really want to
> say with my posting, you cling to minor things that you may
> perceive as inexact. So be it, but his doesn't change the main
> points of my treatment of the subject. I sometimes detect that you
> want to play the contrarian no matter what. I don't mind, but this
> guy won't catch on to the bait :-)).

If you don't want the factually incorrect parts of your posts pointed
out, don't include factually incorrect tidbits, especially as
throwaway lines that don't have anything to do with your main point.

I couldn't care less about your main point, to be honest. You seem
self-indulgent and self-centered to me, and not really interested in
what other people have told you (which boils down to "download the
demos and try it").