On 11 Oct 2006 at 19:19, John T Sylvanis wrote:

> On Wed, 11 Oct 2006 18:28:50 -0400 "David W. Fenton"
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> > On 11 Oct 2006 at 18:12, John T Sylvanis wrote:

> > > Well, it's very fashionable to believe that Mozart was a poor man
> > > and Constanze was a tame wife. Neither of it is true if one reads
> > > the numerous biographies.
> >
> > Huh? What are you talking about?
> >
> > Mozart was not poor, but he had cash flow problems (i.e., lots of
> > revenue, but spent beyond his means).
> >
> > There is no evidence for the old saw that his wife was not the
> > reason he had cash flow problems.
> >
> > It's no *fashion* -- it's facts.
> >
> > > David, pardon me, but in stead of reading what I really want to
> > > say with my posting, you cling to minor things that you may
> > > perceive as inexact. So be it, but his doesn't change the main
> > > points of my treatment of the subject. I sometimes detect that
> > you
> > > want to play the contrarian no matter what. I don't mind, but
> > this
> > > guy won't catch on to the bait :-)).
> >
> > If you don't want the factually incorrect parts of your posts
> > pointed
> > out, don't include factually incorrect tidbits, especially as
> > throwaway lines that don't have anything to do with your main
> > point.
> >
> > I couldn't care less about your main point, to be honest. You seem
> > self-indulgent and self-centered to me, and not really interested in
> >
> > what other people have told you (which boils down to "download the
> > demos and try it").
>
> Your abrasive words don't even warrant a response.

Yes, you responded anyway.

I'm confused.

You complained that I didn't respond to the main thrust of your post.
Now I've responded to it and you're not happy.

If you don't want to know, don't ask.

If I haven't commented about a particular point in one of your posts,
then it's because I don't have anything good to say, or nothing that
adds anything particularly valuable to the discussion. Or I'm just
not interested.

If you need the attention, I can tell you what I think every time you
post. It certainly won't take me much time, given your history of
posts.