Almost forgot. You can choose a different font size if you need it coarser or finer.

Christopher

On Oct 15, 2006, at 12:20 PM, Christopher Smith wrote:

On Oct 15, 2006, at 10:30 AM, Johannes Gebauer wrote:

I need a flageolet-glissando symbol. The desired symbol seems to be a stepped line going up and down again. Like a double-set of stairs, up and down. Is there such a symbol anywhere in the Finale fonts, or in another font, or what is the best way to create it (I hate the shape designer, but I am willing to try it...).

Johannes,

Try this:

Select custom line, and choose the glissando without the "gliss."

Duplicate it, and edit it so the character used is Maestro m (which looks like a mordent.) It is slot 109 on my Mac, though slot 181 is similar.

When you enter this line at a 45 degree angle, it has sharp edges like a staircase, rather than the wavy edges of the gliss. You might have to nudge the endpoints to make it look regular.

You might try other fonts to look for a similar character if that one doesn't do it for you.

Hope this helps.

Christopher