On Oct 18, 2006, at 3:05 PM, Stu McIntire wrote:

do people who say nucular  also say nuculus?

Nuculotide? Enuculated? Nuculons? Nuculic acids?

No, not in my considerable experience in the South, because there isn't a tradition of pronouncing those words in a comparable way...

Thanks very much for your serious answer to what was, for my part, a serious question.

Among those I've heard say "nucular" was Hubert Humphrey. The usage is obviously acceptable, but nevertheless it fits, I think, into the class of regional/local/ethnic terms and usages that are best not flaunted before outsiders of brief acquaintance.

Andrew Stiller
Kallisti Music Press
http://home.netcom.com/~kallisti/