Hi Lee,

I'd be very surprised if the duplexer for the 5200 involved any substantial engineering changes from the 5100 duplexer. In any case, it's rated for a max paper weight of 120 g/sq.m., which is equivalent to 32 lb. bond or 80 lb. offset, so I suspect the 100 lb. offset paper (148 g/sq.m.) might be
problematic.

Thanks for the info. I forget what the Ricoh duplexer is rated for -- something similar, IIRC.

I assume when you wrote "67 lb. bond" above, you meant 67 lb. index, which
is equivalent to 32 lb. bond (120 g/sq.m).

No -- although you're right that I didn't mean 67 lb. bond. I'm talking about letter-size Hammermill Cover Stock, which is advertised as "67 lb.", but checking the packaging, I see it's 148 g/m2. This is close to 40 lb. bond and just a bit thicker than the 9x12 100# offset paper I use for parts.

FWIW, I've been using 28 lb. bond (105 g/sq.m.) for a number of years and
find it very satisfactory -- no show-through, suitable heft, readily
available, and easy for printers to handle.

I used to use something close to that (80# offset) for parts, but my parts get used a lot and go through a *lot* of wear and tear, so I decided I wanted something more durable. Also, the 100# paper stands up better on a wire stand. A lot of NYC copyists use 100# paper -- but most still do single-side accordion-fold, so they have no need duplex that size.

Cheers,

- Darcy
-----
[EMAIL PROTECTED]