Noel Stoutenburg wrote:
In a response to Will Denayer, dhbailey wrote, in part:

or even a memory stick (you have a memory stick large enough to hold all your data?)...

and while I can't speak with any authority on memory sticks, but since I recently purchased a digital camera, I've been paying attention to the memory cards it uses, Compact Flash, which are available in 256 and 512 K, and 1, 2, and 4 GB versions! Though one can use CF as a backup medium, I've been more inclined to use USB flash drives for data backup purposes, because there are significantly more computers these days which do not natively accept CF, (or other memory card formats) than do not accept USB.

ns
I had run out of picture space on a recent vacation, so, recently, with a trip to Rome coming up, I ordered a new Compact Flash card for my camera. My choice from Transcend was a 4 GB gig for about 80 bucks and an 8 GB for about $120, so I went for the latter. My jaw dropped open when I put the sucker in and saw over 7,000 pictures available! I did manage to take 1100 in a week, counting many duplicates to make up for my shaky hands. Many were great!

Raymond Horton