On 01.12.2006 Andrew Stiller wrote:
There is such a thing as an ISMN (International Standard Music Number) that is
supposed to be used on printed music in place of the ISBN--but it never caught
on and I don't think I've ever seen a volume that carried one.

Not true. Any recent Bärenreiter volume carries one. I believe it is catching on, but slowly. The problem is that 90% of all published music ist more than 10 years in print. Music publishing is a slow business, it requires a lot of patience. There are no such things as music best sellers, at least not in the classical field.

Johannes
--
http://www.musikmanufaktur.com
http://www.camerata-berolinensis.de