A-NO-NE Music wrote:
Kim Patrick Clow / 2006/12/11 / 08:19 PM wrote:

Could you fathom a guess then what type of computer set-ups are being
used to generate the full symphonic demos I have heard on Garritan's
webpage? My hunch is that the people that are creating these files
have some really big systems & I guess I can toss the notion that my
laptop is going to recreate the Ancient Academy of Music or St Martin
in the Fields ;)

My orchestra demo here:
<http://a-no-ne.com/music/music/>
was done by G5 Dual 2.5Hz/3.5GB RAM.

Can anyone answer the question then about how Garritan can claim that you can load a full orchestra with only 1GB of ram? That certainly sounds like a downright lie based on all the experiences mentioned here. Or is the Garritan concept of a full orchestra one with strings only?

Or was it possibly on a computer where the only things loaded were the OS and GPO?

I am sick of software marketers lying about the technical specs required for their software in order to get customers.

Or is it in the finer details where the Garritan web-site says that you need 1GB to load a full orchestra, but it really doesn't make a claim that you can actually play any music with that loaded.

Either way, based on these real world experiences, that claim is certainly false and should be changed to be more realistic.

--
David H. Bailey