At 12/15/2006 12:36 PM, Dennis Bathory-Kitsz wrote:

>At 09:17 AM 12/15/06 -0800, Mark D Lew wrote:
>>I've long felt the same way about blogs, which are essentially built as
>>a perpetual top-post.  Why can't they add new items to the bottom and
>>push old ones off the top, instead of vice versa?  As far as I can
>>tell, the blogging softwares don't even offer that as an option.
>>I'm used to it by now, but I've always thought it was stupid.
>
>It's funny about that. My blog is set up as daily commentaries (not using
>blogging software), one commentary per day, oldest first, and I've received
>complaints that it doesn't make sense that way, even though it has an
>up-front index. :)

I don't think it is the order of primary posts.

It is the order of "replies to primary posts".

I would expect to see primary posts date ordered from newest to oldest.

I would expect to see replies to primary posts from oldest to newest.

I guess you have it half right ;-)

Phil Daley          < AutoDesk >
http://www.conknet.com/~p_daley