Andrew Stiller wrote:
In my experience, *nothing* is impossible to misunderstand. The best you can do is to get as far down that asymptote as, um, possible...

Yes, I can well agree with Andrew. I'm sure we all know people who, no matter the situation, seem to be able to always misunderstand even the most basic, clearly spelled out instructions.

And some of them appear to do it with glee.

On the other hand, knowing a specific target population, it is very possible to get very close to that expressed ideal, even though a wider more random audience might well misunderstand.

--
David H. Bailey