On 22 Dec 2006 at 16:02, Andrew Stiller wrote:

> Since Finale does not (tho it should) carry over default document
> settings when updating, it is necessary/customary for the user to
> alter the new default file so as to include the settings so
> painstakingly worked out for prior versions.

Doesn't this depend on whether you upgrade an existing installation
or create a new installation? That is, if you install the update into
the folder where an existing Finale version is installed, won't it
inherit the old installation's settings, and if you create a new
folder for a fresh install it will not?

I have a vague perception that on the Mac the default for
installations is to create a new installation by default and on
Windows to install over top of the old installation and inherit all
its existing settings. Am I wrong in that misty surmise?