On Dec 24, 2006, at 11:11 AM, Robert Patterson wrote:

I took it the way the wizard set it up. However, I have now investigated further. The 3 percussion instuments are wood block, timbale, and bass drum. The wizard assigned all three to percussion map called "Wizard Percussion Map". However, the percussion map has only one named note "Bass Drum". It was thus easy to fix the bass drum part, but I can't find anywhere in the documentation the other notes in the percussion patch for Smartsynth.

They won't be. I am sending you privately my perc map that I put together for my benefit (and for my students). This should help you be able to re-map whatever you need.

And does anyone besides me (PPC Mac) notice that the Percussion Map editor in Fin07 is ridiculously, painfully, unusably slow. This was not the case with the same dialog in Fin06.

Yes, it has been slow starting with FinMac 06.

VERY slow.

I can't imagine 07 being any slower (I haven't been using it because of the bugs so far).

Christopher