Hi all,

When you define a measure expression to break a MM rest, it separates that measure from a group mm rest. (I can't figure out how else it could work, but I'm hoping.) So, when you have a "To Coda" sign that happens to appear at the end of 6 measures of rest in a part, that mm rest will be broken into 5 measures of mm rest and one separated measure, with the "to Coda" at the end of that separated measure. It is possible to force that sign to appear as I'd like it - at the end of a 6 measure block rest, by applying it in the part to the first measure of that mm block, but that will not work with linked parts (or at least not without a lot more trouble showing and hiding things).

Am I missing something here? Is there some "engraving" style reason for separating that measure from the block rest?

Is there an easy way to accomplish the goal of - for example, a "to Coda" sign at the end of 6 measures of rest without breaking the block into 5 and 1 that still maintains the integrity of assigning the expression to the correct measure. This has plagued me for a long time, and I am only now coming around to asking for advice. Ideas?

Thanks,

Chuck

Chuck Israels
230 North Garden Terrace