>> In general, the more people who report a bug, the better chance it has
>> of getting fixed -- that's how they prioritize their bug list.
>
>This is true, but I think they also must use another
>concurrent weighting system based on "how likely are we to be
>able to solve this"

It has always been disturbing to me that, with these two criteria for
prioritizing bug fixes, there is no room for a more absolute standard of
excellence. Some bugs, even if tolerated by users or more difficult to
solve, should be fixed just because they care about the quality of their
product.

Richard Yates