On Dec 29, 2006, at 3:35 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

if they are expressions taht are used in every single instrument/ part, you can set the measure itself to break a MM rest. but for expressions applying only to a selection of staves, well you're screwed and have to break adn recreate the MM rests manually.

Yes, I understand. This is a refinement that evidently escaped their notice, and probably would mine, too, since I only use measure- attached expressions now for tempo changes and rehearsal letters. Everything else is note-attached on my scores (I copy and paste from staff to staff and from measure to measure as required, to avoid the kinds of individual positioning problems that would crop up with meas.-attached expressions.)

Christopher