On Dec 29, 2006, at 12:47 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

placing the text in the following measure is only fine when the MM rest and following measure are on the same system.

another option is to define a real whole rest in the measure taht should appear with the text expression.

(finale 2007) if the measure itself should not appear, but the text expression from the last measure in the MM rest is meant to appear you could also attach it to the first measure in the MM rest (it is now attached to two separate maesures) and hide it, forcing it to show only in the necessary parts.

This is an acceptable solution, but a kludgy one. This is how I have done it on extracted parts which don't require the extra show/hide step. All the suggested solutions will work, one way or another, but this remains one of those things for which Finale forces one to use a workaround. I have asked MM for a better solution. We can hope, and wait.

Chuck

Chuck Israels
230 North Garden Terrace
Bellingham, WA 98225-5836