At 04:55 PM 12/29/2006, Will Denayer wrote:
>I received the Hawkes Pocket Score from Bartok's Concerto for
>Orchestra which I bought at Amazon. The score looks fine but the print
>is so small that I can hardly read it. This is probably not going to
>work, but I was thinking that it should be possible to scan it into
>Finale - or just scan it so that it is a PDF-file (?).

If the point is just to make it bigger, or make it reproducible, then you can scan it and save as TIFs or PDFs, depending on your software. The only reason to get it into Finale would be if you wanted to edit the notes, and to do that you'd have to first scan it and then import it, and importing the scans into Finale really doesn't work so well.

>I think it will
>be a lot of trouble because it is 147 pages. Do you think it's worth
>the try or should I just photocopy the thing to a larger size?

Scanning will undoubtedly take you much more time than photocopying and may not give you results as good.

Or you could just buy the larger size score from Amazon: http://tinyurl.com/y9x57e

Aaron.