On Dec 31, 2006, at 4:42 PM, Carl Dershem wrote:

Every time I've seen the Pops on TV, it was Louis Bellson playing drum set, and he is an absolute monster. You would think that a band of that calibre would always have a top guy on set.

I think Louie's busy.  :)

Umm, sorry, I missed something. Louis didn't pass away while I wasn't looking, did he? He wasn't too busy to play the gigs I saw (though admittedly he was singled out, perhaps as a guest artist? Quite a coincidence that every time I catch the Boston Pops it's LB on set?)

In any case, one would think that Louis Bellson's replacement would be chosen in an attempt to at least partially fill his shoes with someone at the top of their game.

Christopher