Johannes Gebauer wrote:
On 17.01.2007 David W. Fenton wrote:
Well, actually, the discussion went on in Early Music between Joshua
> and Ton Koopman (I believe this was in the year 2000).

You mean the discussion continued then? The original publication of Rifkin's hypothesis was back in the early 80s, around the time the B Minor Mass recording came out.

Well, your question shows that you are not fully informed on the subject. Unfortunately this is a pretty common problem when talking about this very subject. There is simply a lot of recent research,which is constantly ignored by those who still claim Joshua was wrong.

This is certainly obvious in my case. I read the original exchange and thought it was over. I defer. I'll try to get time to look at some of the recent research before I open my mouth again.

Raymond Horton