At 08:59 AM 2/2/2007, Phil Daley wrote:
>In Vista, you are not allowed access to files in some directories.  You
>cannot even see them in explorer.  And it has nothing to do with them being
>hidden, it has to do with them being system.

Just curious, can you give an example? Have you tried enabling 'Show hidden files and folders' and disabling 'Hide protected operating system files' through Explorer?

In any event, I would agree with David. If an application has decided to store its settings file in a way that makes Vista think it should be hidden, that's the fault of the application, not the OS.

Aaron.